Change Text On Checkout

Guest jrod101

Guest jrod101

I trying to change some of the verbiage on step 2 of the checkout process. For example I'd like "Postcode" to "Zip Code". I've been through the code and changed "Postcode" where I can find it. I've also looked through the "Language" section on the admin control panel.

I've also changed the word "Basket" to "Cart" universally on site. But on step two it reverts back to "Basket".

I've attached a screen shot.

Guest Roger Huston

I trying to change some of the verbiage on step 2 of the checkout process. For example I'd like "Postcode" to "Zip Code". I've been through the code and changed "Postcode" where I can find it. I've also looked through the "Language" section on the admin control panel.

I've also changed the word "Basket" to "Cart" universally on site. But on step two it reverts back to "Basket".

I've attached a screen shot.

They both should be in the language files. However, each page has its own language file so you will have to change it in more than one place. For example

reg.inc.php is used for the registration page.

cart.inc.php is used for the cart page.

Both of these language files have 'cart' => "Basket" which would have to be changed. In fact, this string is found in cart.inc.php, confirmed.inc.php, gateway.inc.php, reg.inc.php and step1.inc.php.

The same is true with Zip Code. However, I would caution against changing Zip Code if you have a US based website. People are use to zip code.

- Roger