Decision time for a shopping cart

Guest ecomnewbie

Guest ecomnewbie

I'm going to be launching a site with 1-3 products by end of the year and this is all new to me. My host offers CC along with 2 other cart choices. I'm leaning towards CC until I started reading some posts. I am looking for all of the features that v4 has to offer. I am not tech savvy and will not be doing, nor do I have the desire to do any coding myself. Is Cube Cart going to work for me? Should I worry about all of the 'error' topics/questions in the forums?

Thanks!

Depending on what you require, its possible to use CC4 with no additional coding due to the increased functionality.

I'd also not be too worried by error reports. Check out the bug reports of the other carts, and you'll find similar reports.

With open source, any support is entirely voluntary - if you purchase CC4 license, there will be a period of official support (but the forums may get a faster response "out of hours")

CC3 is still a viable product to consider, with lots of modules and knowledge. However, CC4 is now more mainstream and I personally offer CC4 as my only solution.

In any event, if you have the times, the only true way to tell is to run a trial. CC4 has a 30-day trial, and CC3 can be installed with no payment (with a small fee to remove the copyright message on the page title and footer).

I'd advise you give CC4 a try - ask if you need help installing/setting up, and if you don't get on with it after asking for help, then look at the others.

Jason

Guest ecomnewbie

Depending on what you require, its possible to use CC4 with no additional coding due to the increased functionality.

I'd also not be too worried by error reports. Check out the bug reports of the other carts, and you'll find similar reports.

With open source, any support is entirely voluntary - if you purchase CC4 license, there will be a period of official support (but the forums may get a faster response "out of hours")

CC3 is still a viable product to consider, with lots of modules and knowledge. However, CC4 is now more mainstream and I personally offer CC4 as my only solution.

In any event, if you have the times, the only true way to tell is to run a trial. CC4 has a 30-day trial, and CC3 can be installed with no payment (with a small fee to remove the copyright message on the page title and footer).

I'd advise you give CC4 a try - ask if you need help installing/setting up, and if you don't get on with it after asking for help, then look at the others.

Jason

Thanks for the responses. It all sounds easy enough, especially with just 1-3 products, but being new to the arena it's intimidating...

Thanks for the responses. It all sounds easy enough, especially with just 1-3 products, but being new to the arena it's intimidating...

Hi, I can probably supply a quick CC4 demo install on my system as I have someone else who is interested in a store - you can test the water without spending the 20min or so on the install.

PM me if this is of help - I need to create a demo anyway (using the free trial), so its not much extra work - you'll have virtually full access to the store features (apart from management of admin accounts)

Jason

• 1 month later...