n/a no good

Guest Dom2012

Guest Dom2012

If someone has not logged in, the Shipping field of the cart says "n/a".

This is very misleading. How can I edit it to say something like "tbc" or ... I'm not sure, but something other than "n/a".

Also, any ideas on what it could say? There's not much room and I doubt "Log in for estimate" will fit!

Thanks!

Guest Dom2012

Thanks for your solution.

Is there any reason why it might not work?

I applied the change (plus two other fields in the cart,inc.php file) and nothing happened.

I refreshed the page mutliple times, then deleted the cache.

I checked the file was updated.

Even used Safari (which I have not used before) to check the cart.

And still the values had not been changed.

Website is www.pwl-online.com if you want to try having a look yourself.

Thanks,

Dom

PS. If I wanted to shift the descriptions (Discount, Sub-Total, Shipping, etc.) a little to the left so I can achieve more space for the edited "n/a" field, how might I do that?

Guest Roger Huston

Yes, because Roger Huston is wrong. You need to edit it within Admin > Modules > Languages.

Robsta, thank you, but I am not WRONG. Using the admin to edit the file or modifying it directly as I have stated result in the same thing the same file being updated. Be nice.

The reason it did not work for you is that you have to "Clear Cache" in the Admin > Maintenance > Rebuild & Recount. I tested the fix before posting the solution as I changed the value in my store to $0.00 since we offer free shipping to most locations.

- Roger

Yes, because Roger Huston is wrong. You need to edit it within Admin > Modules > Languages.

Robsta, thank you, but I am not WRONG. Using the admin to edit the file or modifying it directly as I have stated result in the same thing the same file being updated. Be nice.

The reason it did not work for you is that you have to "Clear Cache" in the Admin > Maintenance > Rebuild & Recount. I tested the fix before posting the solution as I changed the value in my store to $0.00 since we offer free shipping to most locations.

- Roger

I'm always nice :) Editing the files directly means more overhead at upgrade time so you don't overwrite your changes... CubeCart manages changes through Admin separately to the files. Editing the language text through Admin also means the less computer savy store owner doesn't have to hire someone to change any of the wording. The Admin method is by far the recommended method for v4, and I would definitely not recommend anyone use the old v3 method of editing the files directly when this is so much easier.

Guest Roger Huston

I tried looking for the Admin > Language file I should edit and could not find it.

Don't happen to kow where it is, do you?

Thanks!

En > Front End Phrases > Content > View Basket / Checkout Pages

It is near the bottom of the page. Using the Admin is the recommended way to edit the files, however I have a program that allows me to search all files in a directory structure for strings. Dreamweaver does it to or you can use a command-line grep.

- Roger