where to store images

Pinksquid

Hi There

I am totally new to Cubecart and I wonder if anyone can spell things out a little for me please?

I have just managed to install the cart and am now playing around with the admin section trying to get to grips with it all.

However, I am rather confused when it comes to the product images.

1) Firstly I'm not really sure where all the product images should be stored?

With my old shopping cart I literally had just a 'product image' folder where all the various sized image were stored, and then within the admin, on the product detail page I would literally just choose which sizes I wanted to use from that folder.

This is a little more complicated (at least very different). Unless I am looking in the wrong place the instruction manual doesn't seem to explain any of this?

I have looked in the images folder and within that are other folders e.g. lightbox uploads and general etc. I thought it might be the 'uploads' folder but within that is just a 'thumbs folder'.

I though that looking within the 'manage' or 'upload images' would make sense of it all but it didn't?

2) I am doing this for my daughter and she would want thumbnails as well as larger images but as per the above issue I'm really confused how and where she stores and uploads the various sizes to achieve what she wants?

I hope all that makes sense?

If anyone can remove my confusion with a simple 'step by step' It would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much. ;)

The product images are stored in the 'images/uploads/' directory. If uploaded using CC admin, the images are resized in accorance with the dimension set in General Settings. When the images are selected on the edit/new product page, the thumbnail is auto-generated to the dimension stored in General Settings, and stored in the 'images/uploads/thumbs/' directory.