paypal

Pinksquid

Hi There

I am new to Cubecart (CC4) and wondered if anyone can advise please regarding using paypal?

I have paypal business account but am confused over 2 things:

1) The difference between paypal express and paypal standard.

2) Which option to use to allow people to pay with their credit card - but with the least steps without needing to register.

If I don't want them to have to register, do I use the 'alternate checkout' option rather configure via the 'normal' gateway page?

If I want customers to be able to pay via paypal with their credit card - rather than needing paypal account - do paypal express and paypal standard offer the same facility?

Sorry but there seems to be a few different options with paypal and I'm confused (I know what paypal pro is).

Thanks very much in advance.

Hi

Further to my quesion below, I have been researching a little more bit it is still as clear as mud :)

1) Am I right in thinking that if I use the 'Alternate checkout' for 'Paypal Express' that a customer still needs to have registered - but with Paypal as opposed to with me?

2) One of the reasons I chose to buy CC4 rather than use CC3 was because of there being fewer checkout steps "Checkout steps CC3=4 and CC4=2.

Is this automatic in CC4 by setting up paypal within the 'normal pament provider' section rather than worrying about the 'alternate checkout' option?

As you can see I'm a little confused.

My daughter just needs to use Paypal, allow her customers to pay with a credit card, and to let them do it in then easiest, quickest way without registering anywhere.

Hopefully I haven't made anybody as confused as I am myself?

Thanks very much