4.3.6 and 4.3.7 installation problems

Guest tigerinatan

Guest tigerinatan

I'm really confused, as I'm quite okay with doing the upgrades and installations with cubecart before. However, in the last few days am now suddenly having some very strange results.

Started with doing the upgrade on my laptop localhost without any problems, and setup a temporary version of this online through my own domain/server for the client to review and approve changes. All went up without a hitch to v4.3.6. However, upon approval have attempted to do the same upgrade/installation on the client's domain server through upgrade and installation techniques, ensuring correct LK, domain and databases are pointing to the new option. The strange thing I'm getting is on v4.3.6 is that it will not give the option to do an upgrade despite following the readme.txt file, and all installation techniques on cubecart religiously. I have to do a clean install, and then go back to upgrade the db. The store is setup but is not pulling the product inventory and categories into the site like it was previously.

I then noticed the v4.3.7 option and decided to upgrade to this option - and tried this locally on my machine with the exact same result as above. It shows 76 products in store, but is not pulling in the inventory into the admin and assigning my products to their original categories even with the 3rd party modulised changes. I am not sure what I am doing wrong / missing here so would appreciate the feedback.

Steps followed are localhost / live server:

1. Copy of db and backup of old files

2. copy of new setup and overwrite of files after new db created and installed with old db

3. delete the key.php in extras and unlock lk, update db name, un, pw, url changes as required as well as lk if required

4. refresh of pages or open new windows / browser to get updated version.

5. the upgrade option on v4.3.7 gives the following error:

no version history available, upgrade script doesnt know where to start

6. the upgrade option on v4.3.6 runs successfully but still doesn't do anything

7. login into admin and rebuild and recount all options, clear cache in browsers

8. login into admin and import catalogue option does not bring in all options required (which could be module updates issue)

Nothing works, I only get the store front stating product inventory amount, only shows the test product - not my products in store. As i recall on my first attempt on the live / localhost option I don't recall having to import the catalogue to get it to show the inventory instore.

Any ideas??