Problems with Shop

Guest Alkocen

Guest Alkocen

I have some questions about cubecart:

1. In the Shop by category menu, how can i remove those numbers behind the category name that Supposed to show how many items are in that category. Since those numbers show i don't know what, it is best to remove them.

2. what files to i need to edit so the script would send a confirmation link when people register. That is so that people would confirm their emails.

3. Same like question number 2 but with mailing list. So people wouldn't add third party emails there, it would be nice if they can confirm it with some link before they are added to the mailing list. What files to change.

4. How to change shop items so when person views an items then he/she has a possibility to just click next for next item in that category, so they wouldn't have to go back in browser menu to go forward again.

For better picture, the site is www.catwalkers.eu

Hope someone could help, i would really appreciate that :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Hopefully I can help you with one of the problems, the amount of items in a catagory....

You need to edit the catagories.tpl template. You will find it in YOUR SKIN>styleTemplates>boxes>catagories.tpl

Next find this line in the code

<a href="index.php?_a=viewCat&amp;catId={DATA.cat_id}">{DATA.cat_name} ({DATA.noProducts})</a>

Copy and paste this over the top of the above line or simply edit it deleting this ({DATA.noProducts})

<a href="index.php?_a=viewCat&amp;catId={DATA.cat_id}">{DATA.cat_name}</a>

Hope that helps and if it isn't what you want just replace the original code from above.

Good luck :homestar:

Lee

• 3 weeks later...

If this looks like it has not worked after editing the code, go into your Admin Panel>General Settings>Styles & Misc, then turn "Use expanding DHTML category tree?" to NO. Turn it back to YES and the brackets with the amount of products in a catagory should have gone. If you haven't editied the code yet, turn the setting to NO first, edit the code, then change back to YES.