Formatting description text on catagory page (TXT_DESC on ViewCat.tpl)

Guest darrinbreen

Guest darrinbreen

Hello I am curious if anyone has any insight to what happens to the product description when it is on the category page as a "teaser" that is loses all its formatting and all html tags are stripped out (paragraph tags for example). Is there a way to defeat this? I would like it to retain paragraph returns and/or an unordered list applied in the RTE (FCKeditor). Is this possible? Has anyone else ran into this?

Hello I am curious if anyone has any insight to what happens to the product description when it is on the category page as a "teaser" that is loses all its formatting and all html tags are stripped out (paragraph tags for example). Is there a way to defeat this? I would like it to retain paragraph returns and/or an unordered list applied in the RTE (FCKeditor). Is this possible? Has anyone else ran into this?

Ok then, im not really big with php I just try things until they do what I want. It might be worth getting this checked as it might cause other problems

in file includes/content/viewCat.inc.php

$view_cat->assign("TXT_DESC",substr(strip_tags($productResults[$i]['description']),0,$config['productPrecis'])."…");

remove 'strip_tags' and it should show as html

Hope this is what your looking for, ive been trying to figure this out for hours