Different domains - different currencies?

Guest Paisley

Guest Paisley

Hello All,

I currently have a Australian .com.au website based on CC3. I am thinking about registering the New Zealand domain name (.co.nz).

I do not want to host and maintain two different sites, I want each domain to point to the identical store, but I want it to default to the right currency (AUD or NZD) depending on which domain a user enters by.

How is this done using CC3? I am guessing a cookie or something, but I am not programmer, and ideas?

Thanks

Paisley

Guest ArtphotoasiA

Yes is possible you set 2 differents shop installing 2 different CC on your hosting using 2 different databases.

You purchase 2 domains and relative pure redirection or use addon domains

1) will go to http://www.mysite.com/shop1/index.php

2) will go to http://www.mysite.com/shop2/index.php

You can set one with a default currency AUS and one NZ

Of course in this way all the shops must be managed separately....... quite a nightmare!

It looks to me quite tricky not good solution.... but is the way.

Guest Paisley

Managing two stores instead of one certainly does seem a nightmare.

I've been reading around various forums, and while I am sure people will quickly point out that CC3 is free, it appears that other cart packages will not only allow what I (and many others) want, but other carts will assign currencies automatically depending on the location of each user.

Right now I want two domains and two currencies, with each domain defaulting to a particular currency.

I've been reading about people having two stores but each sharing the same database, would that work or would they both share the same admin (i/e currency etc) too?

If there is no way of achieving this out of the box, does somebody want to code it and sell it to me and the others that want the same or similiar functionality?

Paisley