FCKeditor and extensions

Just a little FYI.

The config for CC for FCKEditor has a very limited amount of extensions that it allows you to view. That was not done very well be the CC staff since you can upload pdf and doc files for example but once you open FCKeditor to browse for them they are "invisible". If they don't want you to view certain file types (doc and pdf for example again) then CC admins should set the config files so that you cannot upload them by default.

If you need to change the FCKeditor view options it has changed from previous versions. Currently you would need to basically look at two files.

\admin\includes\rte\editor\filemanager\connectors\php\config.php -- this file you can probably leave alone however you may want to add more extensions

\admin\includes\rte\editor\filemanager\connectors\php\commands.php -- this file you will have to add every extension that you want to be able to view. The CC packagers only include image types by default. The line you need to edit is 71 and looks like this, elseif(preg_match('/\.(jpg|jpeg|png|gif|swf|pdf|doc|xls)$/i',$sFile))

This was very confusing to troubleshoot because in the old FCKeditor version everything was in the config file. CC admin team -- please realize there are tons of uses for your product so don't limit or change things to dumb it down.

This was very confusing to troubleshoot because in the old FCKeditor version everything was in the config file. CC admin team -- please realize there are tons of uses for your product so don't limit or change things to dumb it down.

Amen Well Said WooHoo!!!!

Couldnt agree more

quit dumbing down the software to suit stupid people

keep it smart and educate your stupid users on best practices

I use CC for shopping carts and content management systems. It is nothing but a springboard for what I want to write code-wise for a particular site. If I have to edit a million things everytime I upgrade I am going to create my own springboard...

Guest rhadesign

Many thanks for pointing out where to change the code. Spent about an hour checking my directory permissions and looking through the FCKconfig file before finding this post. Think it's just an oversight by CC though, as I'm sure many users will want to provide links to PDFs etc.