Warning: unlink(.../key.php) [function.unlink]: Permission den

Guest UsableWebDesigns

Guest UsableWebDesigns

I thought I'd post this to save someone else the trouble I had finding the solution.

We had just moved my client's CubeCart store to a new server and they were seeing the following errors when they tried to log in to the admin system and after login (which still worked).

Warning: unlink(/home/qui7lt/public_html/store/includes/extra/key.php) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in /home/qui7lt/public_html/store/admin_enc_zend.php on line 244

Warning: fopen(/home/qui7lt/public_html/store/includes/extra/key.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/qui7lt/public_html/store/admin_enc_zend.php on line 194

Here's how I ended up fixing it:

1. Log into CubeCart account where you purchased the license.
  2. Unlock that license. Then it is no longer associated with the domain. I'm guessing that at this point it is important to make sure you finish all the steps below or the store won't work at all.
  3. Using FTP, backup and then delete the includes/extra/key.php file. Give the /extra folder permissions 777.
  4. Visit the admin end of the store. This will force it to recreate the key.php file. If there are any problems, it will give you instructions on how to fix them (e.g. to change folder permissions or delete files).
  5. Check your CubeCart account to see that the license is now reassociated with the domain.
  6. Try logging into your store's admin to make sure the errors are gone.
  7. Set the /extra folder back to permissions of 755.