Can the lightbox image differ from thumbnail image on category listing

Guest miss ali

Guest miss ali

Hi, I am setting up a shop selling digital photography and i have all my images watermarked. However I don't want the thumbnail image that appears on the category listing page to bear the watermark as it is such a small size and looks odd with it. So I have uploaded two images for each product, with and without watermark. The watermarked one appears on the product deacription page. Would it be possible for this watermarked image to appear in the lightbox on the previous category page when clicked? At the moment the non watermarked full size thumbnail appears in the lightbox.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

I have managed to get 2 different images to show for the same product but to be honest I don't know if theres an easier way of doing this.....but it works.

Upload the larger images as normal and thumbnails will be automatically created in /store/images/uploads/thumbs.

Open your FTP client and browse to /store/images/uploads/thumbs folder and FTP the un-watermarked thumbnails into that folder making sure the names are exactly the same as the ones automatically created, therefore overwriting them.

That should do it :w00t:

Guest miss ali

Hi

I have managed to get 2 different images to show for the same product but to be honest I don't know if theres an easier way of doing this.....but it works.

Upload the larger images as normal and thumbnails will be automatically created in /store/images/uploads/thumbs.

Open your FTP client and browse to /store/images/uploads/thumbs folder and FTP the un-watermarked thumbnails into that folder making sure the names are exactly the same as the ones automatically created, therefore overwriting them.

That should do it :(

Thanks that is perfect and correct. However I'm creating the shop for users who would not be able to do this so I was hoping I could change the code so that this happens automatically. Or even include a query on the addition images table in the product listing page so that i can access these images also.

Thanks again, if it were my own site your suggestion is exactly what i would do.