Product Options

Guest kay2010

Guest kay2010

Hi everyone, I've built an e-commerce site using cubecart for a client and everything is working and looking great in terms of styling and layout etc.

However there is one thing I really need done but don't know how to do it.

Basically with the bulk product import, there are some pre-define header fields i.e. (product name, description, price, etc) One thing that I would liked added to this is a 'PACK SIZE'.

My client is selling his products in pack sizes and not as invidual items.

So for example he'll have a pack of foil trays that come in a pack of 100, 500 and 1000. He wants to be able to set prices for each as invidual products.

The alternative way of getting this done would be to have each pack size added as an individual product, but his data sheet already has a column for pack sizes.

Does anyone know how to modify cubecart 4 to accomodate for this new product field?

Guest degsey69

I would the excisting product options in cubecart but have radio button options instead of the drop down box.

This is all ok except if the client wants to use the stock control properly.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kay2010

I would the excisting product options in cubecart but have radio button options instead of the drop down box.

This is all ok except if the client wants to use the stock control properly.

Problem with this is that the Price for the item still appears and the radio button option adds an additional quantity price to the item price.

I don't want this to happen. I only want the radio button option price to be added to the basket. Any ideas?

Guest kay2010

Hi

Would it be too much trouble to have the 3 pack sizes as seperate items?

This is exactly what I've had to do. It was such a pain doing it as the client has so many products. In total the site now has over 2000 products.

I guess it works and thats the important thing.