Edit existing order

Guest Beadvine

Guest Beadvine

Hello Cubecart gurus,

I need to edit an existing customer order and remove an item that is no longer required... The customer is paying by cheque so don't need to refund anything as such, just edit the order form at this stage... I've tried clicking on the little x button beside the item in question, that says it will remove the item when the order is updated, to no avail. I've tried manually removing the text and updating, I can alter the totals okay, but the item miraculously appears again once you click update... Would really appreaciated any advice on how to resolve this matter...

Cheers

Emma

PS Okay, have just been testing and it is just that one particular item that it won't remove, any ideas as to why?!?

I have just notice that appearing in the product description is this & # 3 9 ; instead of ' would that have anything to do with why I can't delete that particular item?

Guest Beadvine

Okay, so further testing does actually prove that the problem seems to lie with the fact that I have an apostrophe in the product title, which then shows up in product description as & # 39;on the customer order form. I'm using v.4.3.6, and I seem to recall that it used to print out this way on the packing slip before I upgraded... But really need to fix the issue of not being able to delete these particular items... Help, anybody?!?

Having a similar problem here.

If you put more than one item in the basket, you can remove one (even if it does have and characters like ' or ! in the product description), in the orders section in the Admin Panel. I put 2 products on to test, one with and one without special characters. I then removed the one with some brackets (). But, I have also noticed that when you do remove an item or change the amounts that the totals stay the same. For example; If one of the items is say £5.99 and the other is £3.99 the Grand Total is £9.98. If I take away the item worth £5.99 and click Edit Order the Grand Total stays at £9.98. If I change the amount of the £3.99 item to 2 and Edit Order, that doesn't change either.

It looks like you have to change everything manually, unfortunately, unless I'm missing something?? Maybe the CC boffins can have a look and fix it!!