Shopping cart not updating

Guest RobertJohn

Guest RobertJohn

PRE-PURCHASE HELP PLEASE? I have read many of the previous posts on this similar subject, but I think my issue is different. I am using the latest version of Cubecart v4 (just downloaded it 10 days ago.) I have tried to find a revision id, but can't. (can anyone tell me where that is hidden please?)

Anyway. I have started to put together my store www.sentientheart.co.uk and am reasonably happy with it, but when I tried to test the cart - failure! when i click on add to cart, the home page is displayed, and nothing is added to the cart.

The same happens with standard skins. So I don't think it is a skin issue.

I tested it on my local server, and no problem with the same skin.

Finally, I tested it using a specific IP address to my hosting server, rather than my domain name, and it worked fine!!!

Any ideas anyone?

I had a look on your store and could see the problem. I then went on my store and for some reason mine started to do it!! I know before today it was ok, but I went into Admin panel and tried changing the value of the Hide prices until customer has logged in? in General Settings to see if it was that. I'm still not sure if it was or not, but that is when my store started doing the same thing. It was still doing it when I changed it back. I then looked on my server and had a couple of things on there that I have never seen.....Resource id# (and a number). I deleted them both and checked my store again and it is now fine.

Have a look on your server to see if theres one or more of these files and try deleting them AFTER BACKING UP YOUR STORE JUST IN CASE.

Further Note:

I tried changing the setting again to Hide Prices until customer has logged in and the same thing has happened again, where it doesn't update the basket, but I haven't got any Resource id# files on the server. Now when I am logged in, then click on an item in Latest Products on homepage, my login name goes away, instead of keeping me logged in. Strange!.

Guest RobertJohn

I had a look on your store and could see the problem. I then went on my store and for some reason mine started to do it!! I know before today it was ok, but I went into Admin panel and tried changing the value of the Hide prices until customer has logged in? in General Settings to see if it was that. I'm still not sure if it was or not, but that is when my store started doing the same thing. It was still doing it when I changed it back. I then looked on my server and had a couple of things on there that I have never seen.....Resource id# (and a number). I deleted them both and checked my store again and it is now fine.

Have a look on your server to see if theres one or more of these files and try deleting them AFTER BACKING UP YOUR STORE JUST IN CASE.

Further Note:

I tried changing the setting again to Hide Prices until customer has logged in and the same thing has happened again, where it doesn't update the basket, but I haven't got any Resource id# files on the server. Now when I am logged in, then click on an item in Latest Products on homepage, my login name goes away, instead of keeping me logged in. Strange!.

Thank you for looking - I did find the Resource id file, but deleting it made no difference. I am now in the middle of my trial period, and will not be able to buy the licence if I don't get this sorted out. I am already looking at some other systems on my test server. HELP anyone please?

ResourceID# numbers are just output log files generated from, I think CubeCart. They can be just deleted.

The issue with the add to basket problem can be resolved by deleting/emptying the spiders.txt file. You probably have a browser toolbar or plug-in which is acting like a search engine bot and therefore CubeCart is restricting access to some features that should not be indexed.

Guest RobertJohn

ResourceID# numbers are just output log files generated from, I think CubeCart. They can be just deleted.

The issue with the add to basket problem can be resolved by deleting/emptying the spiders.txt file. You probably have a browser toolbar or plug-in which is acting like a search engine bot and therefore CubeCart is restricting access to some features that should not be indexed.

Thank you for the suggestion - I had seen that in an earlier post - when I remove the spiders.txt file and try to add to basket I get this:

Warning: file(/home/sentient/public_html/spiders.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sentient/public_html/classes/session/cc_session.php on line 241

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sentient/public_html/classes/session/cc_session.php on line 242

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sentient/public_html/classes/session/cc_session.php:241) in /home/sentient/public_html/classes/session/cc_session.php on line 234

Warning: file(/home/sentient/public_html/spiders.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sentient/public_html/classes/session/cc_session.php on line 241

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sentient/public_html/classes/session/cc_session.php on line 242

Guest RobertJohn

Just add an empty file then.

An empty spiders.txt does not change the original problem in any way. Trying to add an item to the cart does not work, and the browser is re-directed to the Home page. It is better than deleting the spiders.txt file though!

Guest RobertJohn

My guess is either htaccess file or you have the paths in the global.inc.php file incorrect. Without looking at the site directly, no way of being sure of the cause.

Thank you for your help, the very kind Cubecart support people helped identify the problem, it was as you last suggested, the global.inc.php file. For the benefit of anyone else - I set up the store initially with a temporary URL which included the IP address of the hosting server. Hence this was written into the global.inc.php file as:

$glob['rootRel'] = '/~sentient/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://85.xxx.xxx.xxx/~sentient';

hence cookies did not work too well when I finally got the domain pointed and accessed it using www.sentientheart.co.uk

after the entries were changed to

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http:www.sentientheart.co.uk';

all is well. Problem solved :-)