Help uploading CSV files

Guest fordie49

Guest fordie49

Hey all,

i have Cubecart V4 and i need help and hope someone can help me!. i have started up my own business and am using a dropshipping company to get my products from and they have CSV files that i can download and upload onto my website. i have uploaded the csv fil but when i go to upload it the next day to deal with updating stock it just adds more products and doesnt even affect my stock amounts..i was wondering if there was any way to use an automated intergration system to work along side to automatically do the updating its self because this is a vital thing i need for my website, so PLEASEEEE if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction i would be very grateful!!!

Thanks....

This is probably a bit of development work.

As I can code, I wrote my own import script for one of my suppliers (CC3). The trick is to only update stock when you only have a match on title or SKU.

This took 4000+ products, and imported into CC3.

I think my code zeroed the stock level, and then updated it based on the value in the CSV file.

If the product was no longer in the CSV file - then the stock remained at zero (so no one could purchase)

If the product was not found in the CC database, then it was created and placed into a "new products" category for manual movement into the correct category.

So - it can't be done without custom coding, which will cost some money. If the CSV file is "tidy" - then its not too much work. The other consideration is images, and what to do if the product image is not on your system.

You do not want to be deleting the products, and then re-importing as your SEO will go out of the window - all your product pages will no longer exist.

I hope this is of help,

Jason

Guest fordie49

This is probably a bit of development work.

As I can code, I wrote my own import script for one of my suppliers (CC3). The trick is to only update stock when you only have a match on title or SKU.

This took 4000+ products, and imported into CC3.

I think my code zeroed the stock level, and then updated it based on the value in the CSV file.

If the product was no longer in the CSV file - then the stock remained at zero (so no one could purchase)

If the product was not found in the CC database, then it was created and placed into a "new products" category for manual movement into the correct category.

So - it can't be done without custom coding, which will cost some money. If the CSV file is "tidy" - then its not too much work. The other consideration is images, and what to do if the product image is not on your system.

You do not want to be deleting the products, and then re-importing as your SEO will go out of the window - all your product pages will no longer exist.

I hope this is of help,

Jason

Hi,

Thank you for your response, i thought it would have to be developed further than it already is, do you have any ideas of who can do this at all or where to look for the help i need?!

i would rather have a system where it updates it for me because i will be having over 8,000 products so trying to update manually would be hard for me to do each day...haha

i hope you have some developers in mind or a place to find one as im in need of serious help!

Thanks

john