Anyone used SEO Mod?

Guest chris brookes

Guest chris brookes

Hi, New to cubecart but getting a grip now. (running CC 3.0.20) domain registered at machine networks (nominet) and running cPanel

Downladed addon 'seo mod' Link - << removed >>

The basic function of the addon is to change your domain extension as it were e.g. domain.com/product.php?+a load of jamber to doman.com/catergory name/product name

It installed all fine. I implemented and played with settings(has different settings depending on web server etc). But as it changes the URL when on my site it fails to load the product pages and catergories. Error message " Not Found, The requested URL ****** not found on server"

can anyone help

thanks

Edited by chris brookes
Please note the rules on posting links to third-party stores. Link removed.

Hi Chris,

I have used CC3 SEO mod, and also CC4 built-in SEO mod with MachineNetworks with no problems.

Double-check your .htaccess file is correct (in the root of the site).

The .htaccess file is used to control the re-writing of URL's (and other things!). If its missing, or not correctly named - the mod will not work.

This sounds like your problem.

Jason

Guest stanmoor

You need to edit the .htaccess file! I had trouble with this too..I don't think Mac's can 'see' the .htaccess file, so I had to do it on a PC