Large Changes to the Customer Registration Form

Guest Steve.Thompson

Guest Steve.Thompson

Hi All.

I'm running CC 4.3.9

I sell only downloadable products and I would like to change the Customer Registration form to include only email, password and security code. I would like to remove all other fields from the form and make then not mandatory.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks, STeve.

open includes/content/reg.inc.php

find...

if ($_POST['skipReg']==1 && (empty($_POST['firstName']) || empty($_POST['lastName']) || empty($_POST['email']) || empty($_POST['phone']) || empty($_POST['add_1']) || empty($_POST['town']) || empty($county) || empty($_POST['postcode']) || empty($_POST['country']))) {

theres 2 instances of this code one for regular registrations (full and the other for express)

remove the fields from the array you dont want to be required

then open /skins/YOUR SKIN/styleTemplates/content/reg.tpl

and rewrite the form to only incllude the fields you want users to fill in

if you need further help let me know

K.A.

Guest Steve.Thompson

Thank you. That's a good start. But it's now complaining about phone number format. There may be others after I fix that.

Thanks, STeve.

Thank you. That's a good start. But it's now complaining about phone number format. There may be others after I fix that.

Thanks, STeve.

Backup the pages first then:

Search that entire page (hit "control" + "f" on your keyboard) for the words 'phone', then 'mobile' and delete the entire line pertaining to that. Do the same for any otehr fields such as state or country. Repeat this on other customer account and registration pages in the includes/content folder and skins/styletemplates .

This is how I got rid of anything that has to do with mobile or phone info.