Flat Rate Shipping - Applies Itself to Local & Foreign Orders

Guest SamyT

Guest SamyT

No matter what I do, if I enable flat rate shipping and have it set to GST (which is Australian orders), it still shows up if a customer is sending something internationally.

Obviously international mail is far more expensive than domestic mail, what can I do to fix this?

• 4 months later...

I know this is quite an old post, but here is a way of getting round this if anyone else needs to know.

You can use the By Weight shipping module to achieve this. In the case of the above; set AU in Zone 1 countries and 9999:6.00 in Zone 1 Shiping Rates: which would give you a flat rate of $6 for deliveries in Australia. The 9999, is the weight adding up to 9999KG, which is highly unlikely. So basically combined items, weighing up to 9999KG will be charged $6 AUD flat rate. Just change the amount after 9999: to whatever rate you would like to charge. You could also step the charge to say, 10:6.00, 9999:15.00, which would give you a $6 rate up to 10KG, then $15 from 10KG upwards. Then, if you would like to change the delivery option name from 1st and/or 2nd Class, click the Languages link, under the Modules tab in the Admin menu, en / Global Common Phrases / misc_1stClass and change the bottom line of the 2 to AUSPOST or Flat Rate, for example. Click Modify Language File at the bottom to save it. Repeat on misc_2ndClass if you have set a rate in this section.

You will need to add the weight to the products if you haven't already done so.

Lee