v3 to v4 Can't update shopping cart and errors on homepage

Hi All,

I just upgraded from CubeCart 3.x to v4.3.9 yesterday in preparation to launch my site. The upgrade seemed to go smoothly, however, my site now has an error message on the homepage...

[] (skins/Carreta-Soft/styleTemplates/skins/Carreta-Soft/styleTemplates/boxes/session.tpl) does not exist

...plus, I am not able to add items to the shopping cart.

I have noticed that I get a similar error message regardless of the skin I choose and it appears as though a variable must contain the wrong value because it consistently repeats the directory in the path (i.e. skins/<skin name>/styleTemplates/skins/<skin name>/styleTemplates/...)

I'm still new to CubeCart and I cannot seem to figure out how to correct the variable value or find out where the directory path gets repeated. I don't know if this affects the shopping cart or not, but at the moment I can't get the shopping cart to update when I try to add products.

My site is www.healingorb.com and any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help!

-- Michael

Check your includes/global.inc.php file has the correct paths in it.

Hi,

Everything in the includes/global.inc.php appears to be correct. Is there another config file that keeps track of the skins directory? Would this also affect the shopping cart or is this a separate issue?

Thanks!

-- Michael

I just cleared the cache, and the shopping cart now works! :-) However, I still see the error message on the homepage saying that session.tpl cannot be found. Strangely all of the other .tpl files were found fine, but CubeCart seems to have the path to this file stored incorrectly. Any thoughts on where I can correct the path to this file?

-- Michael

Have you edited includes/boxes/session.inc.php? look in that file for the template reference.

Hmm...no, when I initially submitted the post, I hadn't touched any of the files. I used the automatic Setup wizard which performed all of the work and I was using the out-of-the-box Carreta_Soft template.

I did look into the session.inc.php file just now as you suggested and echoed out the path that is created for $box_content...

echo "<br /><br />PATH: skins/".$config['skinDir']."/styleTemplates/boxes/session.tpl <br /><br />"

...this generates the correct path...

PATH: skins/HealingOrb/styleTemplates/boxes/session.tpl

Since the correct path is created, I'm not sure why an incorrect one would be displayed in my browser. It seems we are reaching the else section of the seesion.inc.php file, so is there a possibility that a variable isn't initialized or is obtaining a new value somewhere?

So far the only change I've made was removing the CURRENCY, LANGUAGE, RANDOM_PROD, and INFORMATION boxes from the styleTemplates/global/index.tpl file from my template. I made a copy of the Carreta_Soft template and made the change, but I receive errors for all of the default templates as well as this one which I just created 7 hours ago (after I made my first 3 posts).

Thanks!

-- Michael

Has anyone else seen error messages similar to this?

<ul>

<li>[] (skins/HealingOrb/styleTemplates/skins/HealingOrb/styleTemplates/boxes/session.tpl) does not exist</li><br />

<li>parse: blockname [session.session_true] does not exist</li><br />

<li>parse: blockname [session] does not exist</li><br />

</ul>

The path is clearly wrong because it repeats the directories twice, but I still cannot figure out where this is occurring.

Thanks!

-- Michael

Yay! After all of that, CubeCart support noticed that my FTP program didn't overwrite the include/boxes/session.inc.php file, so I was trying to use a v3.0 session.inc.php in a v4.x deployment.

Thanks Robsta for helping out and for the staff that helped identify the problem!

-- Michael