IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Guest UKGtunes

Guest UKGtunes

Hi Guy's,

I run an mp3 store using cubecart 4 called ukgtunes. Although i have managed to get things working perfectly I now want to increase the functionality of the site but have no idea how I would do it as its not standard stuff for a cubecart store.

This is what I want to do:

- Have a preview music player for each product within the product category view without the need to click into the product for the preview.

- Be able to sort products by release date

What I don't know is if this is at all possible and if it is how would I go about doing it??

My site address is http://www.ukgtunes.com

If anyone can provide any insight that would be great, or if anyone knows how to do this and is capable then please do drop me an email: [email protected]

Thanks

Dan

Hi Guy's,

I run an mp3 store using cubecart 4 called ukgtunes. Although i have managed to get things working perfectly I now want to increase the functionality of the site but have no idea how I would do it as its not standard stuff for a cubecart store.

This is what I want to do:

- Have a preview music player for each product within the product category view without the need to click into the product for the preview.

- Be able to sort products by release date

What I don't know is if this is at all possible and if it is how would I go about doing it??

My site address is http://www.ukgtunes.com

If anyone can provide any insight that would be great, or if anyone knows how to do this and is capable then please do drop me an email: [email protected]

Thanks

Dan

Yes, all is possible. The release date would be an extra field in the Inventory table, and would need additional code in the Admin area (Product edit) to allow you to specify the release date- probably a simple date picker?

The catview template file and associated php script.

The preview on the category view... Probably a nice modal CSS based pop-up. Each product may have multiple tracks, and so customers will want to preview any track.

Again, more work on the viewcat template file and php script.

As this is outside of the core "out of the box" functionality of cubecart, you'll need a developer and any discussion should be over at cubecartforums.org

Jason