HELP Please - Issue with javascript and Internet Explorer (after upgra

brand80

Yesterday I upgraded to 4.4.1 from 4.3.9, for some reason since then I have had issues with the javascript on my site in internet explorer 7 or 8, (haven't tried any lower version). Firefox is working just fine. When you click on anything thats javascript related: buy button, add to basket, registration, etc... it just sits there and an 'Error on Page' is shown in the bottom left corner of IE. I have a custom skin however I have switched to one of the included skins to test and im still getting the same problem, plus I have turned SEO off to see if that was causing it, still no go. Please, if anyone has any ideas as to what could be the issue I would greatly appreciate it.

www.completeservicemanuals.com

Brandon

Yesterday I upgraded to 4.4.1 from 4.3.9, for some reason since then I have had issues with the javascript on my site in internet explorer 7 or 8, (haven't tried any lower version). Firefox is working just fine. When you click on anything thats javascript related: buy button, add to basket, registration, etc... it just sits there and an 'Error on Page' is shown in the bottom left corner of IE. I have a custom skin however I have switched to one of the included skins to test and im still getting the same problem, plus I have turned SEO off to see if that was causing it, still no go. Please, if anyone has any ideas as to what could be the issue I would greatly appreciate it.

www.completeservicemanuals.com

Brandon

I take that back, firefox wont work correctly either. When I click buy or add to cart it doesn do anything with firefox either. The <script...js/javascript.js code is in the skin and also its in the js folder in the document root.

I take that back, firefox wont work correctly either. When I click buy or add to cart it doesn do anything with firefox either. The <script...js/javascript.js code is in the skin and also its in the js folder in the document root.

Grr, I figured out why it wasn't working in either, the .htaccess file I had put in the js folder (someone had hacked me and put script in there thats why I had put the .htaccess in there). If I delete the .htaccess file from the js directory Firefox will work but Internet explorer still isnt.

Please help!

Nope that didn't do it. Its looking like it is in fact the skin I am using (switched again to an included skin and it worked fine in IE, something with the upgrade to 4.4.1 from 4.3.9 broke my custom skin), not sure what exactly it is with it though, I am trying everything. I am about ready to offer to pay someone to fix it. lol

Brandon

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />

It was that line that was breaking it, I removed that line from the skin I am using (not an included skin) and its working now. Now, however I am having an issue with the store showing up correctly...grr.

Thanks!