Image Insert Browser window

Guest TraceyB

Guest TraceyB

Hi

We have run two cubecart websites on the same server for awhile now. All working well until earlier this year? Since this time when we go to insert an existing image into a new product page we get the insert image browser to open but there is no scroll bar? Even if we click on one of the visible image files in this window it does absolutely nothing (as we can't scroll down to click the OK button) We can change the zoom in this window but nothing else?

We have been working with our host server (A2hosting.com) but they are unable to help without more information?

Today after trawling for ages through these forums I tried using a different browser to access the admin of our cubecart sites!

The result is that if I use Safari then everything works as it should. If I use IE8 then it does NOT work as described above. Also Firefox is the same as IE8. My website developer uses IE7 and it does not work for her either BUT only on our websites? She authors 100's of cubecart sites & this is the first time she has had this issue. She believes it is our host server end? If we can find where the problem is then our host server is more than willing to work with us to correct it?

Has anyone had an issue similar to this & if so what did you do to fix it? For the time being I will now use Safari BUT it would be wonderful to know what the problem is to fix it across all browsers?

Thanks for any input!

cheers

TraceyB

Hi

We have run two cubecart websites on the same server for awhile now. All working well until earlier this year? Since this time when we go to insert an existing image into a new product page we get the insert image browser to open but there is no scroll bar? Even if we click on one of the visible image files in this window it does absolutely nothing (as we can't scroll down to click the OK button) We can change the zoom in this window but nothing else?

We have been working with our host server (A2hosting.com) but they are unable to help without more information?

Today after trawling for ages through these forums I tried using a different browser to access the admin of our cubecart sites!

The result is that if I use Safari then everything works as it should. If I use IE8 then it does NOT work as described above. Also Firefox is the same as IE8. My website developer uses IE7 and it does not work for her either BUT only on our websites? She authors 100's of cubecart sites & this is the first time she has had this issue. She believes it is our host server end? If we can find where the problem is then our host server is more than willing to work with us to correct it?

Has anyone had an issue similar to this & if so what did you do to fix it? For the time being I will now use Safari BUT it would be wonderful to know what the problem is to fix it across all browsers?

Thanks for any input!

cheers

TraceyB

Hi Tracey,

It sounds like a design issue... not sure if this is a host server problem. I for one when developing themes for CubeCart, as most others do here use Firefox and then test it against all other browsers. Are you sure its a server issue?

Andrea

Guest TraceyB

Hi Andrea

No I'm not sure whether it is a host server issue at all? That is actually my problem. We don't know where the error actually is? I did not build either of these sites and am not totally familiar with Cubecart. I have since learnt alot about websites & personally use Joomla for all the sites that I have built since these two were done by another designer.

If anyone else had experienced this then I was hoping to hear from them. Everything I find here I am passing onto the web designer in case it jogs something that might give insight to what has happened & why we can no longer use the image insert browser in IE7, IE8 and Firefox. Only in Safari that I've found...

I appreciate your reply - thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TraceyB

Hi Jason

Sorry I've been away working for the last week!

I'm using CC Version 3.0.18

cheers

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

I've seen some problems with the FCK Editor with some browsers.

If you can- try it with Chrome.

Also - what version of CC3 are you using?

Jason

Guest TraceyB

Hi Jason

I've just downloaded Google Chrome & it works with that??? So why does it not work with IE8 & Firefox when it does on other people's websites???

Must be something somewhere on ours that is causing this....

cheers