HSBC CPI - Can it work with CC3

mndunne

Hi,

I am getting myself confused with HSBC CPI

I have a client who wants to use HSBC as there payment gateway, my problem is i have never used HSBC before in any way and until today had not been never been on there epayments website.

After looking at there site i found this:

1. Card Payment Interface (CPI) – where orders are taken on your website, but your customer will enter their card payments details on our website.

The CPI to me seems to be the best option as i don't want to have to worry about being PCI DSS compliant. However i cant seem to find a CPI gateway so im guessing there is a reason for this?

2. Application Programmable Interface (API) – where orders and card payments details are completed on your website.

From what i can see there seems to be a few people using this option however are they all compliant with PCI DSS, if so are they all on dedicated servers as i understand shared hosting would fail PCI DSS checks.

I am looking for the cheapest way to integrate HSBC in to CC3, i think my client went with HSBC over others because of there transaction fees however if this now means using API and a dedicated server because of this that may have been the wrong choice.

If some one has any info on this i don't mind looking at making a CPI integration module however as i said the fact there is not one must mean something...?

Thanks Matthew

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I am getting myself confused with HSBC CPI

I have a client who wants to use HSBC as there payment gateway, my problem is i have never used HSBC before in any way and until today had not been never been on there epayments website.

After looking at there site i found this:

1. Card Payment Interface (CPI) – where orders are taken on your website, but your customer will enter their card payments details on our website.

The CPI to me seems to be the best option as i don't want to have to worry about being PCI DSS compliant. However i cant seem to find a CPI gateway so im guessing there is a reason for this?

2. Application Programmable Interface (API) – where orders and card payments details are completed on your website.

From what i can see there seems to be a few people using this option however are they all compliant with PCI DSS, if so are they all on dedicated servers as i understand shared hosting would fail PCI DSS checks.

I am looking for the cheapest way to integrate HSBC in to CC3, i think my client went with HSBC over others because of there transaction fees however if this now means using API and a dedicated server because of this that may have been the wrong choice.

If some one has any info on this i don't mind looking at making a CPI integration module however as i said the fact there is not one must mean something...?

Thanks Matthew

Matthew

Did you get anywhere with this? Seems to be a dead end? If you made a CPI module I would be interested in buying it!!

Peter Ward