Javascript Functions Not Working (FreeFading Skin)

Guest DSN10

Guest DSN10

Hello,

I am building a website using the FreeFading 4 skin. Everything works on Safari and Firefox. On Internet Explorer, though, the javascript buttons fail. These are the Add to Basket, Apply Changes to Basket, and Registration buttons.

Each of them seems to be looking for the js library but cannot seem to find it.

I checked the cart.tpl and index.tpl and both have a script to say where the js library is.

I have tried a different skin: same problem.

I tried changing the <script language="javascript" src="js/jslibrary.js" type="text/javascript"></script> to a relative reference. In that case, Safari and Mozilla fail, and Internet Explorer still does not work.

I am stumped. How could these vital buttons not be working?

The site is Lifeinanutshell/Downloads (if I can put that here).

Guest DSN10

this is a 3rd party skin and you will have to contact them for any support issues

as it is their work that is at issue and not cubecart

No. The problem is occurring with all included skins: classic, caretta, etc. This is a problem in cubecart or rather how cubecart is looking for the js file. Any ideas?

Guest DSN10

Robsta,

Yes, I have 4.4.1. I look at the link you included, but I'm scratching my head. The page says that the bug has been fixed. But where does it describe how to fix the bug?

Thank you again.

Edit: I found it, and it works!!! Thanks so much. For anyone else who has this problem, the solution per Robsta's post is in the notes section,

Open

/js/jslibrary.js

Find line 431:

display: 'block',

Replace with:

display: 'block'

My only question is why has Cubecart failed to fix such a severe error in the code? I downloaded 4.4.1 weeks after this solution was posted.