Set up difficulties

Guest DiscoverySquare

Guest DiscoverySquare

I've gone through the setup and everything appeared to go fine. In the admin panel I've added a test category and test product, but then when I visit the store, they show up on the home page, but if I click on either category or product it just says "Page not found" .... have I missed something that I'm meant to do? You can find the store at http://www.classic-motor-spares.co.uk/store ... I've literally only just got started so it's still just the generic theme and sample text.

***EDIT*** ... seems that any pages that end .html haven't been created. Do I create those manually, or should CubeCart do it for me? Do I need to change some permissions settings or something? They all showed up green in the setup process.

I've gone through the setup and everything appeared to go fine. In the admin panel I've added a test category and test product, but then when I visit the store, they show up on the home page, but if I click on either category or product it just says "Page not found" .... have I missed something that I'm meant to do? You can find the store at http://www.classic-motor-spares.co.uk/store ... I've literally only just got started so it's still just the generic theme and sample text.

***EDIT*** ... seems that any pages that end .html haven't been created. Do I create those manually, or should CubeCart do it for me? Do I need to change some permissions settings or something? They all showed up green in the setup process.

Hi,

It looks like you've enabled the SEO mod. This does require you to install the .htaccess file.

As a test, switch SEO mod OFF (admin>general settings, scroll to end, set to "OFF" and save/update).

If the test product works(which I expect) then you need to install .htacess file.

If you're under Windows (on your PC), then create a text file using NotePad, and paste the following;

## Activate the mod_rewrite Engine

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (.*)$

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteRule cat_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?(.*)$	index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule prod_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$		index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule info_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$		index.php?_a=viewDoc&docId=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule tell_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$		index.php?_a=tellafriend&productId=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule _saleItems(\.[a-z]+)?(\?.*)?$		index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=saleItems&%1 [NC,L]

Save the text file and FTP to the root of your store.

Now, using your FTP client, rename the file to .htaccess

If .htaccess already exists - rename it to .htaccess_bak (or similar) in case there are host specific settings.

Please post back with your results.

Jason

Guest DiscoverySquare

Hi,

I knew I must have missed something! :whistle:

I created the .htaccess file and it's all working now ... the instructions and directions in Cubecart are all very simple, I just need to be more careful to read and follow all the steps!

Thanks for your help.

- Phil