RESOLVED: No administration session was found

Guest WaterHOD

Guest WaterHOD

We're doing our first installation of CubeCart4 and had set the password for administrative account during install. (We're doing this on an internal RHEL5 web server on top of Concrete5 not at a web hosting site.)

Afterward on attempting to login we were seeing:

"No administration session was found"

Search of the forums indicate this seems to have been asked many times but no obviously solved posts were seen. (Some folks said things like wait and hour and try again and it will work.) One forum response did talk about modifying the "global.inc.php" file’s storeURL setting from 127.0.0.1 to localhost. We didn’t have that but did have something like:

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://example.com/orders';

(Orders being a subdirectory we'd created under the Concrete5 installation where we put the CubeCart4 installation.)

Apache had been reconfigured to redirect access to www.example.com anytime example.com or other domains like example.org (or www.example.org) were accessed. Owing to that I modified the above line to read:

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.example.com/orders';

After adding the www to the line as shown above login worked for us.

Just posting it in case anyone else needs it - I gather from the documentation and much of what I see that most people are installing this on Web Hosting sites via the web hosting company's utilities or Cpanel and that's not what we're doing here.

P.S. The "No administration session was found" always appears at the top of the login page before you login so it's a bit of a red herring. One simply doesn't notice it is there until after they fail to login so they think it appeared when the login failed even though it had been there all along. It goes away after successful login.