Problem after server upgrade

Guest Cnote

After upgrading server both of my customers with cubecart are unable to navigate through the site. They click on a category and the URL for the cat shows in the address bar but still shows the shop index page... and the documents are empty.

Also, when accessing the admin page the following warning appears.

Warning: Unknown(): Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0

old server was php ver 4.2.2

new server has php 4.3.4

register_globals is off

what do I need to do?

Thanks for any help

Hi

You need to enable register globals.

I had the same problem. If you go to your public_html file you should see a .htaccess file (you need to show hidden files as it is a hidden file type)

Put the following into it:

php_value register_globals 1

This should work. If not search the forums - there's heaps of discussion on other methods of doing it, but this worked for me!

Hope this helps.

Dave

:D