Thumbnails Issues

Guest jui25

Hi,

Quite a few of my thumbnail pictures display a picture different from the picture in the description section of the item listing. For instance if I look at the item "watercolor snowmen" on my site www.chipmunkcove.com the thumbnail shows a picture that belongs to another item; however, if you click on the item to view the description the correct picture is displayed in this area. Any ideas? Thank you.

--Judy

Hi Judy

It seems like the thumbnail has been renamed or something. I had a look at the image by adding the path in a browser to the image ie chipmunkcove.com/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_scan0023.jpg, which does show the 'wrong' thumbnail. Now, chipmunkcove.com/images/uploads/sekas and co/scan0023.jpg, does show the correct large image.

In your Admin Panel, under the Maintainance tab in the left column, click on Thumbnails. Find the description for that product ie /images/uploads/sekas and co/scan0023.jpg and you should now see the 'wrong' thumbnail. Click on the text /images/uploads/sekas and co/scan0023.jpg and the larger image should show. In your case, it should be the 'correct' larger image. If it is, click in the check-box next to it, then click in the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page and select Delete Thumbnail. Click the same check-box again, go back to the drop-down menu and select Build/Rebuild Thumbnail and that should sort out your problem. Repeat the same process for any other images that need doing. You can select more than one check-box at a time if you need to do any more, instead of doing them one-by-one.

Hope that helps.

Lee

Lee,

Thank you for your response and the instructions (very easy to follow). I did as you suggested and the same incorrect thumbnail was recreated.

Here is something else that I found. Maybe this will help solve the problem. When I click on the thumbnail in the "rebuild thumbnails" section of the maintenance area the correct image does pop up; however, this error message also pops up:

Warning: getimagesize(/home/javeous1/public_html/imagesuploadssekas and coscan0023.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/javeous1/public_html/admin/sources/filemanager/preview.inc.php on line 43

Does this mean anything to you? I have a limited knowledge of programming etc., as I am sure you can tell, but I catch on quick and can follow instructions : )

--Judy

Hi Judy

Warning: getimagesize(/home/javeous1/public_html/imagesuploadssekas and coscan0023.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/javeous1/public_html/admin/sources/filemanager/preview.inc.php on line 43

If you have copied and pasted the error above, there seems to be a path error here (/home/javeous1/public_html/imagesuploadssekas and coscan0023.jpg)

Maybe it's a typo but I think it should be (/home/javeous1/public_html/images/uploads/sekas and co/scan0023.jpg).

It could be a bug in CubeCart. I have found this, it might be useful. Post back if it did the trick.

http://www.cubecart.com/bugs/view.php?id=111

Good luck

Lee

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I completed the corrections that were listed in your link and then went back and deleted/recreated the thumbnails and it worked perfectly! Thank you again Lee.

--Judy