Shipping based on Category and zone

Guest Bestie

Guest Bestie

hi all

I am trying to configure shipping for items that have 4 categories (which are effectively a North Island and South Island rate for items classified as small and large) with prices to 5 zones within each Island.

So item 1 for example might be small so shipping in North Island is $10 to zone 1, $20 to zone 2, $30 to zone 3 etc, while shipping in south Island might be $25 to Zone 1, $35 to Zone 2 etc.

Can't seem to make this one work.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a lot of trouble making this work but i've just about cracked it now thanks to cubecart support.There are a few rules to bear in mind if you are struggling to make it work.

1)when you test it remember that shipping doesn't show up on the shopping cart until you(or the customer)logs in or enters address.This is usually page 2 on the ordering process.I had a lot of wasted time adding products and testing them,and wrongly assuming it wasn't working.

2)any products in your categorys must be unique.ie they cannot be in other categories or the site uses whatever shipping applies to that product in its master category.Again in my case i'd tried adding categories for my existing products but then found it didn't add the required shipping!