Bespoke modules for CubeCart 4

Guest MCB Web Design

Guest MCB Web Design

I have extensive experience modifying CubeCart v3, but this week saw my first experience with v4 and it wasn't smooth.

I have several queries:

* How do I load custom boxes in my store? In v3, all I did was create a new file in /includes/boxes/ and then include the file in index.php. Now it seems index.php is encrypted in v4 and I can't find anywhere to include boxes? Found in /includes/global/index.inc.php

* In the admin system, how do I add custom modules? For example, a news module (which has a box on the front-end). I uploaded the files to /admin/sources/news/index.php, but trying to view the section in the admin system brings up a 'Modules - installer - Configure' box, which I'm not sure is for? Fixed. There was a typo in my hyper-link.

Any help on the above (and modifying CubeCart v4 in general) would be much appreciated.

I have extensive experience modifying CubeCart v3, but this week saw my first experience with v4 and it wasn't smooth.

I have several queries:

* How do I load custom boxes in my store? In v3, all I did was create a new file in /includes/boxes/ and then include the file in index.php. Now it seems index.php is encrypted in v4 and I can't find anywhere to include boxes? Found in /includes/global/index.inc.php

* In the admin system, how do I add custom modules? For example, a news module (which has a box on the front-end). I uploaded the files to /admin/sources/news/index.php, but trying to view the section in the admin system brings up a 'Modules - installer - Configure' box, which I'm not sure is for?

Any help on the above (and modifying CubeCart v4 in general) would be much appreciated.

The module installer is really for modules of select functionality such as Shipping and Payment. These have pre-defined "hooks" in the CubeCart code to allow them to work.

You will find help on modifying CubeCart over at cubecartforums.org There will be commercial developers there who can assist with any projects.

This forum is for the core cubecart product only

Jason