Categoies teplate file

Guest Pagehog

Hello all,

I'm trying to edit the categoies.tpl file to have my styles but when overwriting it does not seem to display my styles. It stays the same, do i have to keep these div and style or can i change the div names and layout. Am i doing something wrong do i need to change anything else?

Cheers

Guest 5thBrother

Hello all,

I'm trying to edit the categoies.tpl file to have my styles but when overwriting it does not seem to display my styles. It stays the same, do i have to keep these div and style or can i change the div names and layout. Am i doing something wrong do i need to change anything else?

Cheers

I had this problem too, if it's the same - eg. i wanted to change the text "Shop By Categories" to "SHOP" .... - drove me crazy:

In my case I had to edit not the categogies.tpl but languages/en/includes/boxes/categories.inc.php and change it there instead.

I also had to login and out of admin and refresh my browers for the changes to show up.

hope that helps

Hi

You don't need to start editing any of the include or template files to change the text of the boxes etc. For example, if you want to change 'Shop By Category' to 'SHOP', In your Admin Panel, click Languages, under the Modules tab. > en (For English) > Front End Phrases > Boxes > Categories Navigation Box > shop_by_cat then change the text on the bottom row and click the Modify Language File button.

Lee

Guest 5thBrother

Hi

You don't need to start editing any of the include or template files to change the text of the boxes etc. For example, if you want to change 'Shop By Category' to 'SHOP', In your Admin Panel, click Languages, under the Modules tab. > en (For English) > Front End Phrases > Boxes > Categories Navigation Box > shop_by_cat then change the text on the bottom row and click the Modify Language File button.

Lee

Wow! Thanks for that leeofaccy!!

I'd assumed that was just a place to add/change Languages.

Great help.