Multiple Shop top levels

Guest Evs7

Hi,

I would like to make several different versions of the shop top end (index.php) so I can display a separate menu on each. I think I have done most of the hard work and found that index.php in the root of the shop references the entire shop and there is a file called ini.inc.php which references the index.tpl file which is used for the site. But how can I create four or five different versions of index.php so I can have four or five different versions of index.tpl reference different areas of the same shop?

What is the link between index.php and the index.tpl file? what files are inbetween and what bits would I need to change.

Thanks for you help in advance.

Guest degsey69

I am doing something similar myself, except mine has a landing page with only one subcatergory level (hard coded in) and then when you go to the catergorypage the sub subcats are are in a side menu, on all pages there is a horizontal menu.

This is made possible by a free mod on the sister forum site which creates a custom landing page and custom doc pages which you can ammend to your own use. In my example all menues are hard coded so as to disable the cubecart menu sustem and only show one sub cat level on the main menu.

I am doing something similar myself, except mine has a landing page with only one subcatergory level (hard coded in) and then when you go to the catergorypage the sub subcats are are in a side menu, on all pages there is a horizontal menu.

This is made possible by a free mod on the sister forum site which creates a custom landing page and custom doc pages which you can ammend to your own use. In my example all menues are hard coded so as to disable the cubecart menu sustem and only show one sub cat level on the main menu.

Hi, thanks for your reply... I suppose you are not allowed to post what or where?

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

Guest degsey69

Hi, thanks for your reply... I suppose you are not allowed to post what or where?

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

The information is at www.cubecartforums.org