Edit welcome note

I removed the welcome note on my homepage by editing styleTemplates/content/index.tpl

I deleted

<span class="txtContentTitle">{HOME_TITLE}</span>

<br />

from the code below

<!-- BEGIN: index -->

<div class="boxContent">

<!-- BEGIN: welcome_note -->

<span class="txtContentTitle">{HOME_TITLE}</span>

<br />

{HOME_CONTENT}

</div>

<!-- END: welcome_note -->

However in doing so I can not now get the mid column content .boxContent to line up with .boxTitleLeft

All looks perfect in Internet explorer using the compatibility mode, however when I use other browsers such as mozilla or internet explorer without the compatability mode, I can not get the boxes to align.

Any help would be much appreciated as I have been trying for 2 weeks with my very limited knowledge but still have not yet cracked it.

I am using classic skin and my store url is http://vintageman.co.uk/

:cry:

Hi

The reason one side is lower than the other is because the Home Content is in a paragraph, rather than a DIV. Firefox & IE8 put a top & bottom margin on paragraphs, so it is pushing it down (Because of the top margin). You need to create a style and add it to either your layout or style.css stylesheet. You can make it so ALL paragraphs are affected by using

p {

margin-top: 0px;

}

Or just the paragraphs within that particular column with this

.colMid p {

}

Even with this, the menu at the top of that column is still out of shape in IE8 and would require some more work on it, and to also align everything up so the site looks more even.

Lee

Hi Lee

Made changes on test site and works a treat!

Thanks so much

Paul

:yeahhh:

Hi

The reason one side is lower than the other is because the Home Content is in a paragraph, rather than a DIV. Firefox & IE8 put a top & bottom margin on paragraphs, so it is pushing it down (Because of the top margin). You need to create a style and add it to either your layout or style.css stylesheet. You can make it so ALL paragraphs are affected by using

p {

}

Or just the paragraphs within that particular column with this

.colMid p {

}

Even with this, the menu at the top of that column is still out of shape in IE8 and would require some more work on it, and to also align everything up so the site looks more even.

Lee