What is the source of this problem?

Guest 92869

Recently some customers have reported not being able to place orders and of course I dismissed it to their lack of internet savvy. Well today I tried to open an account and test if my customers were getting the "notes to customer" notes that I often include in the automated response emails. During the process the software seemed to lock-up and I got this message:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/windsh/public_html/Store/modules/shipping/USPS/class.usps.php:480 Stack trace: #0 /home/windsh/public_html/Store/modules/shipping/USPS/class.usps.php(480): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('') #1 /home/windsh/public_html/Store/modules/shipping/USPS/calc.php(198): USPS->submit_request() #2 /home/windsh/public_html/Store/modules/shipping/USPS/calc.php(256): USPS() #3 /home/windsh/public_html/Store/includes/content/cart.inc.php(837): include('/home/windsh/pu...') #4 /home/windsh/public_html/Store/includes/global/cart.inc.php(57): require_once('/home/windsh/pu...') #5 /home/windsh/public_html/Store/index_enc_ion.php(98): unknown() #6 /home/windsh/public_html/Store/index.php(106): require_once('/home/windsh/pu...') #7 {main} thrown in /home/windsh/public_html/Store/modules/shipping/USPS/class.usps.php on line

My question is what is the source of this problem, the server, the software, the skin? I'm relying upon another person to maintain my site and he urged me to switch hosts from GoDaddy to his friend. My feeling is that the problem is a server issue, but I'm far from qualified to make any judgements. I do know this is costing me money in lost sales. The site is: www.windshieldrepair.com/Store

That's from the USPS module. The USPS servers have been having intermittent issues all day....we've had probably a dozen tickets about it. I can't say I'm surprised.....our broken government can't seem to do anything else right, what would make me think they could run web service servers? :D

:w00t:

That's from the USPS module. The USPS servers have been having intermittent issues all day....we've had probably a dozen tickets about it. I can't say I'm surprised.....our broken government can't seem to do anything else right, what would make me think they could run web service servers? :D

:w00t:

Amen brother! And thanks for the reply/help.