Logo shows twice in Internet Explorer

Hi all,

Please see my customer's web site that I'm building for them: http://www.pdmpantiqueprints.com/store/. In Firefox it's fine, but in IE on both their computer and mine, the logo in the upper left shows up twice for some reason. Does anyone have any ideas why?

-Josh

Strange? I use IE and it looks fine... unless you've already fixed it? ;)

Hi

It looks like the problem is IE8, looks ok in IE7.

It is probably an extra closing div </div> at the end of your search form. Can you post the code on your global / index.tpl from <div id="topHeader"> to just before <div id="pageSurround">

Another thing I noticed in IE7, is a white background behind the menu list, instead of the tan colour.

Lee

Here you go Lee:

<div id="topHeader">

<div>{SEARCH_FORM}</div>

</div> <div>{SITE_DOCS}</div>

I tried deleting the underlined '</div>' just now but all that did was adjust some spacing. Any other ideas?

Also, I tried deleting 'IE6.css' and 'IE7.css' off the web server (after backing up locally of course), can you tell me if the white background is still there? What's the point of these two files anyway? Seems to me they just modify all the settings I've made elsewhere for someone using IE6 or IE7.

-Josh

Hi Josh

Yes, that code you posted is fine. The dev tool for Internet Explorer is as bad as the browser itself!! I have noticed that you have no opening body tag, it has been commented out. In your source it looks like this from the closing head tag to where the topHeader opening tag is....

</head>

<!-- Josh removing this line to remove subcat dropdown menu	<body onload="initialiseMenu();">		-->

<div id="topHeader">

Try uncommenting it and see if it makes any difference, it should do. If you don't want the subcat menus to show on mouseover, set Use expanding DHTML category tree? to No, in your General Settings. Still, it should have at least <body> put in.

There are other errors as well. In your source code about line 2038, there is an extra </div>. Some code has been commented out again, but not including the closing div. This is what your code looks like...

<!-- Josh Bassan is removing this box from the store <div class="boxTitleRight">Discounted Prints</div> -->

<!-- <div class="boxContentRight"> -->

<ol>

<!-- <li class="num"><a href="http://www.pdmpantiqueprints.com/store/index.php/By-Artist/Bartlett-W-H-/Andrew-Jackson/p_5.html" class="txtDefault">Andrew Jackson</a><br /> -->

<!-- <span class="txtBoxSave">Save $130.00</span></li> -->

</ol>

</div>

The last div has not been commented out.

Hope it helps

Lee

ps. The white background has gone from the menu in IE7