Upgrade review & issues

ambidex

Hi all,

we run a small shop since a couple of years now and we were happy with CC3, paid for a copyright removal etc. and never had major issues.

Therefore I was confident to upgrade to CC4 and, *shock horror*, for starters all customers received an order cancellation email.....

This was not documented in the readme.txt and the little setting in the upgrade file was still not set to zero, I had to perform a major search on the net to find this information. A very, very disappointing experience that was. Many customers called, emailed most of them reported us a hacker attack.....extremely embarassing and unprofessional.

The next point (and my only remaining issue at this stage) is, that I miss the usual order conformation emails. CC3 used to send a detailed order confirmation.

I have spent many times on the web to find out more but with no luck. The only thing I found is that it seems to be a "feature".

Another info in this forum links to a hack on the vision3d.co.uk server, which is blocked (today) since it distributes malicious software. Hm...

Wow. I didn't expect such a change in the checkout process without informing existing customers before they upgrade. Apologies if I have overseen this information but I am sure that I didn't.

Now, am I the only idiot who thinks that a full featured order confirmation is a good thing to offer both, customers and backend staff? Or, even worse, am I the only one who couldn't find the right button for that? I am also happy to pay for a mod but the rest of the world seems to be happy with the one-liner sent to the customer & backend staff during the checkout in CC4. Can anyone please point me to the right direction?

Cheers!

The order cancellations were sent due to historical orders being set to pending. This feature can be disabled within Admin General Settings. Look for "Automatically cancel New Orders (Pending) after certain time:" above GD Settings. No completed or processing orders will be affected.

Can anyone please point me to the right direction?
All non-standard features can be requested in the third-party forum, cubecartforums.org.

I found the function in the Admin Settings but it was too late. I am just wondering why this function is still enabled by default in the upgrade file....

Because it assumes that pending orders over a certain age are nolonger valid. If the order was in progress or shipped it would be set to processing or completed.

Which version have you upgraded to? On a clean install of v4.4.2, the setting is disabled ('0').