Deleted Administrator, now I can't log in

Guest superbows

Guest superbows

I noticed a couple of extra admin users in my settings, they were identical to the original, so I deleted them, but I accidently deleted all of them, and now I can't log in, how can I restore this, which file do I need to upload from my backup?

Kind regards

Sam

I noticed a couple of extra admin users in my settings, they were identical to the original, so I deleted them, but I accidently deleted all of them, and now I can't log in, how can I restore this, which file do I need to upload from my backup?

Kind regards

Sam

I'd contact CubeCart support... they must be able to break in and setup a new Admin for you... there must be some sort of fail-safe back-door?

Guest superbows

Kind regards

Sam

I'd contact CubeCart support... they must be able to break in and setup a new Admin for you... there must be some sort of fail-safe back-door?

I think it's just a matter of restoring the right file. Whenever i'd installed cubecart fresh, and then partially uploaded my old folders over it, it would create the admin back with password, without me having to add. (but I don't want to overwrite lots of files, because some have changes and my backup is pretty old, so if I can find the right one)

You should be able to do this easily through phpMyAdmin on your server by adding your user information. The only thing you'll have to do is to create an MD5 hash of your password. You can Google md5 hash and there are plenty of free generators out there.

Lots of almost-right information. :D

There is no 'back door' nor is there a file you can replace to get it fixed. And you can add a new user via PHPMyAdmin if you're familiar with that, it can even do the MD5 hash of the password for you. We have a Knowledgebase article on how to do that on the site.

But for those who have some odd issue such as this, we do indeed have a custom tool that I built to reset admin passwords and optionally add a new user. You'll just need to submit a support ticket on our site with FTP access info. :D

:w00t: