Nothing Adding To Basket - need solution asap

debbyds

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone could please help me? A few days ago a customer emailed to say they couldn't add anything to the shopping basket on my website. I checked and found the same problem. I emailed the lady who installed cubecart for me but haven't heard anything back. I then emailed my web host and they said the following..

'It looks like your install of CubeCart uses some functions that are now deprecated in php - there was an error because of such a function showing on the main page initially, now fixed, but items still won't add to the cart.'

This means absolutely nothing to me, I know nothing about php but I'm desperate to get this fixed asap as I'm really losing custom. This is one of the busiest times of the year for us and I can't just leave it. I have put a sign on the shop page telling customers they can email their order but I'm sure that must turn custom away too. I can't think what could have caused it. The only thing I have done recently, is add a few jpegs to my homepage.

If anyone can offer me a solution or point me in the path of where I should be looking in my cubecart to find the problem I would be so grateful.

By the way, my cubecart version is 3.0.16

Thanks for reading and any help you can offer,

Debby.

Did you realise that your version was released on 7th May 2007? V3 will have continuing issues with older PHP versions as more hosting providers move completely to PHP5.

You've not provided a link for us to see, so all I can say is see if it works with the shipped skins.

I'm sorry, I really don't know anything about php or the installation side of cubecart. I had it all done for me.

Thanks for replying.

Debby.

Did you realise that your version was released on 7th May 2007? V3 will have continuing issues with older PHP versions as more hosting providers move completely to PHP5.

You've not provided a link for us to see, so all I can say is see if it works with the shipped skins.

I've taken a quick look at your site. There are two points to mention...

1. Your CubeCart installation has the CubeCart copyright hidden at the bottom which is a breach of the terms and conditions of use.

2. Try changing to one of the shipped skins via General Settings to see if that fixes the 'add to cart' problem. The cause is likely a result of your product options modification. Modifications are not supported in this forum, so if it works with a shipped skin best to either post in the third-party forum or contact the product options mod author directly for clarification.

Rob.