website improvement. skins menu pics etc.help

Guest damidj

Guest damidj

hi

I have recently payed for a website building and they used cubecart. I want to change the pics on my menus and change the skin of the website every now and again eg xmas valentine weddings flowers etc. My problem is the company which did my site has now closed and not answering phone calls. The only thing i can change is in the admin control panel. Is there another control panel i can get to enter to change the different things ????? Any help would be great ps. i am no computer expert. my site cupcakedisplay.co.uk

Guest dr john

hi

I have recently payed for a website building and they used cubecart. I want to change the pics on my menus and change the skin of the website every now and again eg xmas valentine weddings flowers etc. My problem is the company which did my site has now closed and not answering phone calls. The only thing i can change is in the admin control panel. Is there another control panel i can get to enter to change the different things ????? Any help would be great ps. i am no computer expert. my site cupcakedisplay.co.uk

If you right click on the images in the menu and select view image, you are told exactly what each image is and where it is stored eg the first one is here http://www.cupcakedisplay.co.uk/extrafiles/h_03.jpg, and you can see them all in there http://www.cupcakedisplay.co.uk/extrafiles/

So, you could copy all of these images to a spare folder on your PC and name to the folder originals or something similar. Then get your alternative menu images (make sure they are all the same size as the originals - 115x136px) and store them somewhere else - eg folders called valentinesday, xmas, flowers, where each image has the exact same name. Then you can just upload the appropriate image set to the folder extrafiles and magically they will appear in place of the current menu images.

However, in reality changing the skin at regular intervals is a bit of a waste of effect and money if you had got through to the original company. Perhaps a simpler change of the header image to look a bit more seasonal would be all that you'd require, and can be done from the admin control panel (there is only one control panel) by uploading an edited version (remember to keep the original safe somewhere! always work with a copy of it!).

Anyone could do this for you for a small fee. A total redesign of you layout might be more costly.