Steps in linking CC, Gateway and Bank Account

Guest dannyrus

Guest dannyrus

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone is willing to give a quick step by step on how Cubecart works with a gateway and a merchant bank account. I've only done this one before myself years ago with a different cart (and a lot of help), and am a little stumped as to how it all talks to each other.

In the admin of Cubecart, you can select a payment gateway (Eway in my case) and enter your merchant ID. I haven't set up an Eway account as yet but wondered at what point in Cubecart do I tell it to communicate with my Eway account - how does it know my account details when I open one?? From what I can see it goes straight from Cubecart to trying to contact the merchant bank... or does it use that merchant ID to contact Eway first??

Just a little confused... any explanation of this process would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and with SSL - should that be set up on the host server, or through eway - also a little confused!!

Thanks heaps.