Enlarging font size for the "Price"

Guest ali_yk6

Guest ali_yk6

I'm currently using the Classic Template and for some reason within an item description, the Font size of the price at the bottom is awfully small. In some cases people don't even realize that there is a price because of the size and color of the font, it makes it camouflaged and virtually impossible to find unless you look closely.

How do i edit the size of the price and possibly change the color if i need to?

Any quick tip?

Thanks

Ali

Hi Ali

Open skins/classic/styleTemplates/content/viewProd.tpl and find this (around line 52)

<strong>{LANG_PRICE}</strong> {TXT_PRICE_VIEW} 

<span class="txtSale">{TXT_SALE_PRICE_VIEW}</span>

Change it to....

<strong>{LANG_PRICE} </strong><span class="txtPrice"> {TXT_PRICE_VIEW} </span>

Open your style.css and create a new style, like this

.txtPrice {

font-size: medium;

color: #CC0000;

}

That will give you red text larger than it is now but you may want to edit the style to suit your website

Hope that helps

Lee

Guest ali_yk6

Hi Ali

Open skins/classic/styleTemplates/content/viewProd.tpl and find this (around line 52)

<strong>{LANG_PRICE}</strong> {TXT_PRICE_VIEW} 

Change it to....

<strong>{LANG_PRICE} </strong><span class="txtPrice"> {TXT_PRICE_VIEW} </span>

Open your style.css and create a new style, like this

.txtPrice {

color: #CC0000;

}

That will give you red text larger than it is now but you may want to edit the style to suit your website

Hope that helps

Lee

Hey Lee, thanks

It kind of worked.

For the items that are on sale, i get a Large red font whith the crossed out amount (old price) and for "txtsale" which is the new price, i'm getting the same old small font, so it looks kind of awkward for the items that are on sale. Is there any fix for this?

Thanks for your help

Hi Ali

Yes, I see what you mean. Find these styles on your style.css and delete them: .txtPrice, .txtOldPrice & .txtSale Replace with these. (You could of course just find them and edit them to match the ones below)

.txtPrice { 

}

.txtOldPrice {

text-decoration: line-through;

font-size: 12px;

}

.txtSale {

color: #FF0000;

}

It will slightly affect the text of your latest products on the homepage, although you are planning to change that, unless you add the .txtPrice span style to your latest products too, found on skins/classic/styleTemplates/content/index.tpl, like so (Around line 19)

<span class="txtPrice">{TXT_PRICE} </span><span class="txtSale">{TXT_SALE_PRICE}</span>

Lee