Shipping error 1001

Guest Kuriff

Hi,

I dont know if anyone has had this problem but I am at the point of having to drop cubecart and change software if I cant resolve.

I have set up the Royal mail shipping module to offer single rate according to country ( I did this by making the weight allowance high at 10kg). This was done painstakingly and tested for countries in every zone and seemed to be working fine. the store has been up a few weeks and is getting reasonable hits and plenty of views but not a single order. I asked my son to carry out a single purchase to check everything was working and he reported that as soon as he tried to "view basket" he got an error message 1001 (which I think means no ISO code present for your delivery address) and couldnt go any further.

Further digging has revealed that once a single customer has entered a delivery address that generates this error the cart is then stuck there so that if a new customer accesses the page they automatically get the error even if they live in an area that should be working.

Sorry that seems a bit garbled but hope it makes sense. My only way round at the moment is to disable the royal mail module and move to flat rate worldwide which means some big losses if I get orders from Australia!.

By the way exactly the same problem exists if you try to use the "by weight" module as an alternative.

Hope someone can help otherwise its bye bye and start again

regards

John

PS I did search and lookslike lots of people have had the same problems but no reply , heres hoping that someone has the fix

Edited by Kuriff