Email list

Guest sambrown

Guest sambrown

Hi There.

I want to extract a list of all my customers' email addresses. I go to 'Customers>email Customers' and select 'Download Email'. This seems to extract the information I want and saves it as a txt file.

The problem is, I have nearly a thousand sales yet I only get about 160 email addresses when I do the download. Is there a way of getting ALL the addresses?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Sam

PS - I know nothing about databases...

Hi Sam

The reason it is not showing all email address' from all customers, is because some won't have joined the mailing list. Only the ones that have, will show in the list. If you would like to change it, try this....

Open up /admin/sources/customers/email.inc.php and find this line

$query = 'SELECT title, email, firstName, lastName, type FROM '.$glob['dbprefix'].'CubeCart_customer WHERE optIn1st = 1';

Change it to

$query = 'SELECT title, email, firstName, lastName, type FROM '.$glob['dbprefix'].'CubeCart_customer';

That will give you a full list of customers' first & last names and email address regardless of whether thay have subscribed to mailing list.

Hope that helps

Lee