customer logs in at checkout, redirected to home page

Can anyone help with this? Im not sure if its Cubecart default functionality or something going wrong.

When a customer logs in during the checkout stage of purchasing products, they are bounced back to the home page after successfully logging in. They than have to go back to 'view basket' and re-proceed through the checkout.

Should it be doing this? I cant really understand why this would be the default behaviour. If it is, is there a way of getting round it?

Are you using shared SSL? I have noticed this before on stores that use it. If you do, it is worth spending a few pounds on a dedicated SSL cert.

Lee

Hi Lee,

thanks for the reply and yes I am - i dont know if the client is willing to splash out on a personal SSL certificate. hmm.

• 3 weeks later...

You can get single domain SSL for about $9-10 p/year. Just Google 'cheap ssl' and have a look round. It IS worth getting one!

Lee

I think I had my SSL settings incorrectly configured - it no longer does this on a shared SSL.

• 2 months later...
Guest katmisss

I am using QuickSSL Premium works well and I got it very cheap at just $94.95 from here http://mycheapssl.com/Domain_Validation.html/QuickSSLPremium.html

Can anyone help with this? Im not sure if its Cubecart default functionality or something going wrong.

When a customer logs in during the checkout stage of purchasing products, they are bounced back to the home page after successfully logging in. They than have to go back to 'view basket' and re-proceed through the checkout.

Should it be doing this? I cant really understand why this would be the default behaviour. If it is, is there a way of getting round it?