Carriage Charge not showing

Guest Phill Fenton

Guest Phill Fenton

I have discovered that when using the flat rate system for carriage, when first looking at the shopping basket, the carriage charge shows up as N/A instead of the actual amount.

Only later when progressing through the checkout does the carriage charge appear. Why is this?

This happens because Cubecart doesn't know where you are shipping the item to, if the user isn't logged in. One customer may live in the USA and another in the UK, so it is highly unlikely that the shipping price will be the same to both customers. So, until the customer either logs in or enters an address, the shipping will show n/a. You can change this to say something different through the Language section, or there is a small 'hack' you can do if you only use a shipping module where you don't enter country codes (ISO code), such as your Flat Rate.

Here is a link to a post on the sister site

http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=13978

Lee

Guest Phill Fenton

Many thanks for your reply and link. This makes sense to me now and I have changed the message in the language module to read "Calculated at next step"