Limit image size and link to full size image mod.

Hi, :)

I would like to share a simple mod. If the product image is larger than the preset limit the mod will thumbnail it to limit size and create link to "view larger image" under the product image. Product images that are smaller than limit size will not be enlarged and no link created.

you can get the mod here: mod zip file

good luck :)

• 1 month later...

hi all,

goober999, thanks for sharing that mod, it's folks like you that make these communities what they are. i do have a quick question though. the mod works as you described, however after clicking the link to enlarge the image a window pops-up with no image. viewing the source suggests that it is looking and calling from the right location. i was wondering if you had heard of this issue before?

tia

ron

ron,

I haven't heard about any problems with this mod. Double check the intall steps to make sure nothing was missed during setup. Do you get the missing graphic icon on the popup page or nothing at all? send me the url where you have this, I'll take a look.

Thanks

Goober

• 5 weeks later...

how can i resize the image a litltle more big in products?

Open view_max_limited_image.php

About line 36:

// Set maximum image size here

$image_size_limit = 350;

// end options

I have mine set to 350

P.S. Thank you for this mod.

<_<

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jvswan

Hey,

Thanks for the mod, Goober999. It is working well. I have a question for you, though. I'm trying to modify view_max_limited_image.php and view_large_image.php so that it will work with two images. I have been able to modify view_max_limited_image.php so that it shows two images on the view_product.php page (and tests each to see if it is larger or smaller than the max image size), but I am stumped because it will only open one image in the popup.

My question has to do with the variables. In view_large_image.php it has the value of $product (so that it can display the correct image). Where does that value come from? Is it passed in the URL that is called in the loadPopupNM function from view_max_limited_image.php? Or is there something I am missing?

I would really like to be able to use another variable called $image that is defined in view_max_limited_image.php and used in view_large_image.php. Is that possible?

I hope this isn't too confusing. Thanks for the great mod.

Jason

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...