Customer login issues

Guest ragtimeacres

Guest ragtimeacres

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem that seems to be common to CC users. When a customer registers and/or places an order and then comes back later to login again they can't always access their account. I'm concerned that this is causing us to lose business and want to fix it a.s.a.p. I've seen some info on clearing the cache and I'm wondering if we do this everyday will that fix the issue? If not does anybody have a mod, script, etc. that will help?

Thanks!

Guest ragtimeacres

No it's happened to customers who have established an account. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue, but that doesn't really mean anything to me. If customers are having problems logging in that issue needs fixed. I have even had incidents where a customer has contacted me to say the system won't take their password, so I go in reset their password and they can login then, but if they come back to the site later that week they have the same problem. Any suggestions? Would clearing the cache everyday fix this?

Could it be your customers are selecting not to create an account at checkout, therefore there is nothing to log into?

Can you reproduce the problem?

• 4 weeks later...

I am having exactly the same issue with one CC4 store.

These clients are full account customers and have made one purchase but are unable to log in on return to the store. This happens once or twice a month and the only way to get these customers to pay is to send a request via Paypal.

I can see no common denominator as yet as to browser ( last 2 were IE7 but before were FF on Pc and Safari on Mac) or otherwise. We have advised cookie clearing and that worked for one - but in the same way as an admin password reset the problem returned.

Unlike the customers who didn't......

I am still trying to find a common set of parameters, does anyone have any ideas?