PayPal Adaptive Payment

katsbits

Been searching for a few days on this topic of PayPals new (?) payment system called "Adaptive Payments" which allows incoming events to be split up and sent to several receivers (there are different forms of this but all essentially do the same thing) - basically this allows store owners to sell other peoples material and split revenue share between them at source (payment action) instead of having to take full payment and then do a mass-payment of other 'managed' split in ones actual PayPal account.

Other than their own API documentation (PDF) I can't find any info on whether this is being looked into for CubeCart. Has anyone heard of or know anything about CubeCart support for this? (there are *very few* carts supporting this from the research I've been doing so it might be an interesting 'star' feature to include in CC if it's not already).

Thanks in advance.

Been searching for a few days on this topic of PayPals new (?) payment system called "Adaptive Payments" which allows incoming events to be split up and sent to several receivers (there are different forms of this but all essentially do the same thing) - basically this allows store owners to sell other peoples material and split revenue share between them at source (payment action) instead of having to take full payment and then do a mass-payment of other 'managed' split in ones actual PayPal account.

Other than their own API documentation (PDF) I can't find any info on whether this is being looked into for CubeCart. Has anyone heard of or know anything about CubeCart support for this? (there are *very few* carts supporting this from the research I've been doing so it might be an interesting 'star' feature to include in CC if it's not already).

Thanks in advance.

I can't speak officially for CubeCart, but this makes the most sense as a 3rd party mod. It does look interesting though, and for some merchants could be very useful.

Perhaps as a wish for CubeCart 5, but I can't see this type development for CC3 or CC4, unless via 3rd party developers.

Jason

...I can't speak officially for CubeCart, but this makes the most sense as a 3rd party mod. It does look interesting though, and for some merchants could be very useful.

Perhaps as a wish for CubeCart 5, but I can't see this type development for CC3 or CC4, unless via 3rd party developers.

Jason

Thanks for the reply... I've been looking at third party sites and sources to see what I could find, the only one I came across was an in-development mod for Drupal, no-one else appears to be doing anything which would make this a pretty good coup for CC if it were implemented. I'll post some info in any feature request topic for CC5. Cheers.