how to install new skin?

I made a copy of mican skin, made some changes, and uploaded it as a TESTSKIN folder.

I editied the XML config to reflect TEST instead of mican:

<uid>[email protected]</uid>

<type>skin</type>

<name><![CDATA[TEST]]></name>

<display><![CDATA[TEST]]></display>

<version>1.0</version>

<minVersion>5.0.0a</minVersion>

<maxVersion>5.0.*</maxVersion>

<creator>Devellion Ltd</creator>

<homepage>http://www.cubecart.com</homepage>

renamed the mican folder to test and uploaded.

Im not seeing it on the skins drop down in admin

Is there something else needed to see the skin?

I checked and all the files uploaded to the skins folder properly

Guest Agent47

Clear the cache (admin > Advanced > Maintenance)

AND

Disable Caching (Admin> Settings > Store Settings> Advanced > Performance)

Do NOT leave caching disabled once you have the store setup and running the way you want it. The caching is a huge part of keeping the store running quickly and efficiently.

:w00t:

Clear the cache (admin > Advanced > Maintenance)

AND

Disable Caching (Admin> Settings > Store Settings> Advanced > Performance)

I tried this and yes, I was able to see my new template in the list.

However and for the second time in three days when I updated by settings I got a message to the effect;

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 2256 of 65535 bytes in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/classes/config.class.php on line 44

... and it asked me for License. Yes, yet again CC5 has deleted all of my settings.

This is so frustrating as it requires that I dump the whole folder, copy over CC4 and the database, have server admin upload the database (this is a big store) and start the whole 4 hour upgrade process again.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

Jules

Guest Agent47

However and for the second time in three days when I updated by settings I got a message to the effect;

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 2256 of 65535 bytes in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/classes/config.class.php on line 44

... and it asked me for License. Yes, yet again CC5 has deleted all of my settings.

This is so frustrating as it requires that I dump the whole folder, copy over CC4 and the database, have server admin upload the database (this is a big store) and start the whole 4 hour upgrade process again.

Jules

The same thank happened to me when i was testing v5 locally.. license got invalid and when i entered it again all my settings were gone..

Jules

The same thank happened to me when i was testing v5 locally.. license got invalid and when i entered it again all my settings were gone..

The second time around I also noted that after adding the new license code and discovering that my Settings were nulled when I looked at the front page of my site I noticed two things. One list of products listed every product I had (might be logical if the error set the field to null) but part of the browser title was still there.

All of the metadata fields were nulled but I still had meta values. How does that work then?

Note that I still have the missing column as per;

File: [database.class.php] Line: [403] "ALTER TABLE `sts_CubeCart_inventory` CHANGE COLUMN `updated` `updated` TIMESTAMP NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" - Unknown column 'updated' in 'sts_CubeCart_inventory'

I came in this morning to find over 130 additional error messages so it's going to be a long morning of further beta testing the application ... ;-)

Jules

Guest Agent47

I am not quite judging but this V5 is more likely a premature release with lots of issues to be addressed before we can call it a stable release. I've experienced a few more issues that i am compiling a list of and will be reporting them shortly.